Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Sketchbooks and Button Eyes

Couple images from my sketchbook. Both done at the same time. Exercises using leftover paint while working on Christmas presents. This one started as just a circle, then shoulders and so on.

This one started with a thought about a student at the school where I teach who died in a car accident in November. I was talking to some of my students when I said something like "...Her mom has a giant hole in her heart now..." trying not to choke up. This kind of came from that.

And on a lighter note:
One of my favorite writers is Neil Gaiman. He wrote a book called Coraline and it had been made into a movie that I can't wait to see. It is directed by Henry Selick of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" fame and is stop motion and looks beautiful. Check out coraline.com and "button your eyes".

1 comment:

Tim Baron said...

these are beautiful Jeremy.

I'm really sorry about your student. That must be really hard.

I hope you guys had a great Christmas and stuff. Good to see you updating your blog again. Great work.